During the past 21 years with the assistance of partner organizations, the Massachusetts Army National Guard has sponsored and hosted wildland fire trainings at Camp Edwards. Trainings have been offered with the intent of furthering wildland fire suppression and prescribed fire capacity at Camp Edwards and among its wildland fire partner organizations.
Instructional and Logistic Support for this year’s trainings are being provided by the Massachusetts Army National Guard, Oregon Army National Guard, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, Massachusetts Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, and Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management.
- S-131, Firefighter Type 1
- L-280, Followership to Leadership
- S-211, Portable Pumps and Water Use
- S-230, Crew Boss (Single Resource) - Blended
- S-231, Engine Boss (Single Resource) - Blended
- S-200, Initial Attack Incident Commander
- M-410, Facilitative Instructor
Please see the attached announcement below for detailed descriptions.